Careers – Assistant Teacher
Join our team!
The Academy provides employees an environment with professional development, creative freedom, and a collaborative team to ensure the highest quality care, education, and growth for our children’s success.
Highly Qualified Team + Safe, Secure, and Nurturing Environment = Child Growth and Success!
Take your education or past experience and apply it where it will make a difference. At Leo Augusta Children’s Academy you will have the opportunity to work in an environment where you’ll not only help form a child’s future, you’ll be part of something bigger. As an assistant teacher you’ll have the opportunity to receive first class professional development, a strong team-based environment and an exciting workplace. You’ll take your skills or education and learn from a top-notch lead teacher how to excel at classroom management, lesson planning and curriculum delivery. It’s the best first step to a career with so much growth opportunity.
What’s In It for You:
- Over market wages
- Full year earning opportunity
- A structured curriculum with flexibility not available in traditional classroom settings
- Collaborative management style giving you the opportunity to create a unique learning environment
- Ongoing opportunities for training and professional development
- Connection to the community with a unique offering that truly makes a difference for families
- Immediate classroom experience that is a quality resume builder
What You Will be Doing:
- Meet the needs of our children; including those who may have special needs, who are at risk, are culturally diverse, or who are gifted
- Integrate the philosophy and all components of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy into daily class time
- Fully implement the Creative Curriculum and Gold Assessment program into your daily programming
- Encourage and support the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of our children
- Develop lesson plans, group experiences, choice time, and music and art activities through a consistent schedule
- Incorporate large and small motor activities, and STEAM activities into daily lessons
- Support and provide a classroom environment that encourages parental support and involvement
- Coordinate special services for students based on need. Foster a collaborative attitude with families, other staff, and specialists
Who we are:
The objective of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is to deliver a hands-on model of child development with the capacity to serve over 100 children, ages infant through 12 years of age. Under a structured curriculum, coupled with flexibility, our philosophy of learning and care will focus on emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development in a nurturing and secure environment.
These positions are excellent opportunities for students, recent graduates, retired teachers, or a member of the community who wants to make a difference in the lives of children and families. The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy will offer a best-in-class working environment and competitive market pay rates.
For additional information on required qualifications for Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers, please go to:
Lead Teachers: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/9503.0032/
Assistant Teachers: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/9503.0033/
Please email the cover letter, application, transcripts, and two letters of reference to:
Doug Anderson, Academy Director
The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy of Blooming Prairie, MN is currently seeking talented Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and Paraprofessionals who are looking to be a part of a team that provides innovative and developmentally focused early education for the whole child. The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is growing and vows to set the standard for child care excellence. The focus of our program is to provide a lifelong love of learning.
Our staff will be made up of loving and dedicated individuals who understand each child’s needs. They are highly qualified childhood educators who can use their creativity along with the Leo August Children’s Academy developmental guidelines as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in fun and imaginative ways. We are currently accepting applications for staff of all levels for our children ages 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
Our Lead Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and Paraprofessionals work together in a child-centered nurturing environment with the support and collaboration of management, staff, and families. These positions are excellent opportunities for students, recent graduates, retired teachers, or someone in the community who wants to make a difference in the lives of youth and families. The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy will offer a best-in-class working environment and competitive pay.
Simply want to share your unique skills or talent with the kids?
We will be sharing additional information in the future regarding our new positions. Please continue to watch our website and social media pages for more information and updates.
The mission of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is to support children’s growth and education through a staff of highly esteemed educators with the sole purpose of giving the children of our community a foundation of knowledge, athletics, and a morally good start in life.