Careers – Paraprofessional Program Assistant
Join our team!
The Academy provides employees an environment with professional development, creative freedom, and a collaborative team to ensure the highest quality care, education, and growth for our children’s success.
Highly Qualified Team + Safe, Secure, and Nurturing Environment = Child Growth and Success!
A rewarding job impacts your entire life. As a paraprofessional at Leo Augusta Children’s Academy, you’ll have the opportunity to experience what it’s like impacting a child’s life. You’ll receive outstanding training and professional development, a strong team-based work environment and opportunities to do what’s necessary to enable the learning of children through the promotion of cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development. This might just be the career change you need.
What’s In It for You:
- Over market wages
- Full year earning opportunity
- A structured curriculum with flexibility not available in traditional classroom settings
- Collaborative management style giving you the opportunity to create a unique learning environment
- Ongoing opportunities for training and professional development
- Connection to the community with a unique offering that truly makes a difference for families
- Immediate classroom experience that is a quality resume builder
What You Will be Doing:
- Meet the needs of our children; including those who may have special needs, who are at risk, are culturally diverse, or who are gifted
- Integrate the philosophy and all components of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy into daily class time
- Support and encourage the individual needs and strengths of children through one-on-one and group activities
- Encourage socialization, cooperation, exploration, and experimentation as part of our daily programming
- Support and provide a classroom environment that encourages parental involvement
Who we are:
The objective of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is to deliver a hands-on model of child development with the capacity to serve over 100 children, ages infant through 12 years of age. Under a structured curriculum, coupled with flexibility, our philosophy of learning and care will focus on emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development in a nurturing and secure environment.
These positions are excellent opportunities for students, recent graduates, retired teachers, or a member of the community who wants to make a difference in the lives of children and families. The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy will offer a best-in-class working environment and competitive market pay rates.
For additional information on required qualifications for Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers, please go to:
Lead Teachers: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/9503.0032/
Assistant Teachers: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/9503.0033/
Please email the cover letter, application, transcripts, and two letters of reference to:
Doug Anderson, Academy Director
We will be sharing additional information in the future regarding our new positions. Please continue to watch our website and social media pages for more information and updates.
The mission of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is to support children’s growth and education through a staff of highly esteemed educators with the sole purpose of giving the children of our community a foundation of knowledge, athletics, and a morally good start in life.