Ten Reasons Why:
1. Center Programming-The academy will be using the Creative Curriculum for Preschool programming with our infant-preschool children. This program is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that features hands-on exploration and discovery as a way of learning. This is the top program in the nation and is recommended by the Curriculum Consumer Reports organization.
2. Staff-Our staff will be committed to the responsibility of building children’s confidence, creativity, and critical thinking while providing rich, hands-on investigations for learning. Loving care will be provided that supports the social-emotional development of children. Staff will participate in professional development learning and will consistently promote the academy’s mission of giving the children of our community a foundation of knowledge, athletics, and a morally good start in life.
3. Child-Care Management App
With its parent communication and management app the academy will be able to provide to families:
- a. Contactless Payments
- b. Contactless Check-In/Attendance Recording
- c. Parent Communication
- d. At-Home Activity Content
- e. Digital Documentation
- f. Assessments/Lesson Planning
- g. Shared Video and Pictures
4. Classroom/Learning Spaces-The academy will be in a newly remodeled facility that will incorporate the latest future-ready learning spaces, flexible seating and furniture, learning materials, supplies, and resources.
5. Gymnasium-A full-size gymnasium is available to each of our children at the academy. Motor development programs that support the physical growth and strengthening of children’s bones, muscles, and ability to touch their surroundings will be available. Volleyball, basketball, pickle-ball, and a climbing wall are a part of this area also.
6. Outdoor Spaces-Over three acres of space will be provided to our children through our buildings and fenced-in playground areas. Our children can enjoy nature, exercise their bodies, and enjoy outside time with their friends as they play in our play areas.
7. Safety and Security-Our facility will be a locked, safe and secure building. Front door controls will allow entrance to the academy and security cameras will provide monitoring. Fire extinguishers, alarms, and a safe pick-up and drop-off area are included. Emergency drills and evacuations will be practiced monthly. Background checks of staff, teacher training, teacher-child ratios, and group size limits and safety protocols will support all learners and staff.
8. Home-Cooked Meals-The academy has a licensed commercial kitchen that will provide home-cooked meals for our children. The academy will promote healthy menus and will follow all state and local food safety laws for meals and snacks. We can guarantee it will be delicious!
9. Governing Board-The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy non-profit organization works under the direction and support of a highly dedicated and talented Governing Board. Members of the Board have extensive training and experience in the areas of early childhood education, financial planning and management, human relationships, and business promotion.
10. Chamber Member/Community Supporter-The Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is a member of the Chamber of Commerce and a strong supporter of the Blooming Prairie Community and its residents. When our children thrive, so does our community. Investing in early childcare and education is the best thing that we can do to provide for our children and to help promote economic growth and prosperity.
The mission of the Leo Augusta Children’s Academy is to deliver a hands-on model of child development with the capacity to serve over 100 children, ages infant through 12 years of age.
Under a structured curriculum, coupled with flexibility, our philosophy of learning and care will focus on emotional intellectual, physical, and social development in a nurturing, caring, and secure environment.
For updates on progress and development follow the LACA Facebook page.